The Wentworth family, the original owners of the Cider Mill, made cider for farmers in Madison Center until they moved their operation to Clinton at the turn of the century.
The Mill opened in Clinton in 1903 with a screw press which was powered by a steam engine. In 1927, a new hydraulic press was installed. Since then, the cider making process has stayed the same, with the addition of screening and refrigeration.
In 1998, John and Mimi Fehlner purchased the Cider Mill. Their son, Ben, and daughter-in-law, Laura, moved to Clinton in 2006. Together, they continue to make sweet apple cider the same way it has been done for more than a century.